[TLO04] Portable Shrines Magic Sound Theatre Vol. 1
Double LP vinyl-only compilation curated by Portable Shrines, the DIY organization responsible for Seattle’s Escalator Festival (2009-2011). Features rare or exclusive tracks by eighteen garage, psych, and experimental bands from the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Deluxe gatefold packaging features artwork by Aubrey Nehring, Emily Pothast, Garek Druss, Dewey Mahood and Steve Quenell. Mastered by Mell Dettmer at Aleph Studios.
Limited edition of 1000 LPs with download card included.
Order LP now:
“…this sprawling double album collects together some of the finest bands currently working the Northwest offering an eclectic and often excellent overview of the scene. Limited to only 1000 copies, this lovingly compiled vinyl artefact is housed in a sleeve designed by the collective, the graphics matching the music, the whole thing proving that there is a place in the world for music that steps across boundaries and does what it damn well wants. Show some support and check it out.” – Simon Lewis, Terrascope UK
- Geist & the Sacred Ensemble – Circles
- Plankton Wat – Astro Fields
- Tiny Light – Shasta
- Diminished Men – Oblong Trance
- To Get Her Together – Gotta Make Your Hands Work
- AFCGT – Clock
- Midday Veil – Child of God
- Brother Raven – Beast
- Eternal Tapestry – Chrome Forest
- Prince Rama – I am not invincible
- Master Musicians of Bukkake – BAN A CHU*
- Janina Angel Bath – Mudra
- Blood Red Dancers – The Lamb
- This Blinding Light – Soul On Fire
- Night Beats – Thorns
- Purple Rhinestone Eagle – Burn It Down
- A Story of Rats – _/_ (revised)
- Kinski – Whatever Happened to Madeleine Stowe
*Master Musicians of Bukkake track is exclusive to vinyl (not included in download).